Risk & Assurance
Network, Firewall & Cloud Solutions
User, Data & Endpoint
Threat Management & GRC
- Info Hub
Carbon Reduction Plan
SEP2 Carbon Reduction Plan
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
SEP2 Limited is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2035
Baseline Emissions Reporting
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gasses which have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce said emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reductions can be measured.
Baseline year emissions cover the consumption and emissions generated for SEP2 limited and related business activities. Emissions data had not been officially published in previous years, and therefore we have selected to create a baseline based upon an average of two previous financial years, namely 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 in line with Streamline Energy and Carbon Reporting and Procurement Policy Note 06/21.
SEP2’s Carbon Reduction Plan in line with PPN 06/21 includes data across the following identified scopes:
- Scope 1 – Direct GHG emissions from owned or controlled sources
- Scope 2 – Indirect GHG emissions from the generation of purchased electricity, steam, heating and cooling
- Scope 3 –Transportation and distribution
- Scope 3 – Business Travel including Hotel stays
- Scope 3 – Employee Commuting
- Scope 3 – Managed assets – electricity
- Scope 3 – Homeworking
- Scope 3 – Freighting goods
- Scope 3 – Waste Disposal
Total Baseline Year Emissions – Average of March 2019 – February 2020 & March 2020 – February 2021
Additional details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculation
The baseline was taken as an average across two financial years which also included the initial COVID-19 pandemic restrictions which came into force during calendar 2020.
Total Emissions (tCO2e): 22.66
Scope 1 : 2.44
Scope 2: 5.69
Scope 3: 14.54
Current Emissions Reporting – March 2021 – February 2022
Additional details relating to this year calculations
This financial year considers a comparative increase of travel during the middle and end of calendar year 2021 as the UK began to return to pre pandemic levels of business activity.
Due to the impact that such limitations had during parts of this reporting period, it is anticipated that future year emissions especially within Scope 3 for travel may increase towards pre-pandemic levels.
Total Emissions (tCO2e): 19.36
Scope 1 : 0.49
Scope 2: 8.95
Scope 3: 9.92
Emissions Reduction Targets
To continue the progress towards a Net Zero plan, the following high-level targets are in place:
- Commitment to only add 100% electric BEV (battery electric vehicle) to the SEP2 fleet.
- Ensure use of certified renewable energy within Scope 2 sources via BREEAM or REGO certificates
- Gather more detailed information within Scope 3 of our reporting to ensure we have the ability to accurately measure and take decisions within areas of this scope. Specific consideration to be given towards services which we currently consume from our respective Landlords.
Carbon Reduction Projects – Existing Initiatives
Prior to the formalisation of this Carbon Reduction Plan, SEP2 were already working towards improving the carbon emissions of its business activities.
- During 2020, all GHG emitting fleet vehicles were replaced with 100% BEV vehicles. Since then, any additional fleet vehicles have also been 100% BEV vehicles.
- SEP2 have always provided re-usable bottles and cups for employee use rather than single use paper or plastic cups.
- Recycling facilities have been available at both SEP2 offices for employee usage.
- SEP2 are a member of the Cycle2Work scheme, encouraging employees to reduce their commute emissions through cycling to work.
- Hybrid home working is common across SEP2 to reduce commute emissions and direct Scope 2 GHG emissions.
Carbon Reduction Projects – Future Initiatives
To further progress our ability to be Net Zero, the following future initiates are currently in planning or discussion stage within SEP2:
- Exploration of electric car salary sacrifice scheme for those employees who do not make use of a fleet vehicle
- Review Scope 3 emissions to enable better and more granular capture of future carbon reduction abilities within our supply chain.
- Projects to better manage direct Scope 2 emissions through use of PIR/non-occupancy timers and other such technology within office space.
- Review of company travel policy to ensure adequate management of Scope 3 emissions is considered within the policy.
- Explore methods of offsetting to understand the best possible ways in which SEP2 can reduce the impact of our emissions.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported, in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors.
Name: Michael Goodwin
Position: Founder and COO
Download a PDF version of our Carbon Reduction Plan here